About the Mpesa Payment Card
The Safaricom smart card looks much more like the Master and Visa Cards but the functionalities are not equivalent. The card enables instant payment of services and goods.
Tips on how to use Safaricom Mpesa Payment Card
- Use of the M-Pesa Card is limited to the areas appointed by Safaricom in its sole discretion (“Locations”).
- You’ll not have the ability to use your M-Pesa Card immediately after its expiry date as indicated on the Card.
- Your M-Pesa Card is neither a credit card nor a debit card. You will not earn any interest on any funds loaded in your M-Pesa Card. Transactions performed will automatically debit the M-Pesa wallet.
- You will qualify for Bonga points for transactions paid for by way of your M-Pesa Card.
Who is Eligible to get the Mpesa Payment Card
- To apply for our M-Pesa Card you must be at the least 18 years old and also a holder of either a National Identity Card or a Military ID or perhaps a valid Passport or Alien ID.
- You will have to be a registered M-Pesa user.
- The M-Pesa Card is only accessible for personal M-Pesa accounts and is just not applicable to M-Pesa Paybill or M-Pesa Merchant Shoppers.
Where to acquire or apply for Mpesa Payment Card and activation
- The M-Pesa Cards are going to be issued in Safaricom Shops and selected dealers readily available within the Places listed free of charge.
- The M-Pesa Card will then be activated for use. Your Card will then be paired with your MSISDN in the Safaricom M-PESA Card Management Method.
- You will receive a message on your MSISDN advising you of activation. You will be directed on exactly where to access the Terms and Conditions and you either accept or reject them. When you accept the Terms and Conditions your Card will be activated and also you will receive a message advising from the successful activation.
How to deposit money in your Mpesa Card
- Your M-Pesa Card is linked to your M-Pesa account. Hence, just before you use the M-Pesa Card it is your duty to make sure that you have got sufficient funds within your M-PESA account to cover your transaction plus the expenses with the transaction in places where applicable.
How to use Mpesa Card
- You could use your M-PESA Card at any outlet having a Lipa Na M-Pesa (LNM) till number within the areas as listed.
How to replace Mpesa Card
- In the event the M-Pesa Card is lost, stolen or misplaced, you could replace your Card at any of the listed Areas at an amount predetermined by Safaricom.